Volunteer Home Delivered Meals Driver
In This Section
|Position Type||Part Time|
|Hours||10:00 am- Noon|
|Post Date||April 13, 2012|
|Expire Date||Open until filled|
*Please note: the volunteer application asks for your date of birth. This information is used ONLY to complete the required background check and will not impact your ability to volunteer or complete an internship at Community Action.
Under supervision of the Assistant Transportation Manager, is responsible for the timely and safe delivery of meals to various Home Delivered Meals participants.
DRIVERS RECIEVE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
(An * denotes duties or responsibilities judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act of ADA.)
- Drivers use their own vehicles, but will be reimbursed for mileage.*
- Must observe scheduled times for pick-up and delivering food.*
- Responsible for proper packing and delivery of meals to the required locations in accordance with health and safety guidelines set forth by funding sources, local health department, and Community Action.*
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs.*
- Verifies correct number of items prior to each delivery route. Place foods into thermal bags or coolers, loads them into the delivery vehicle, returns and cleans containers and food carriers when done.*
- Observe the well being of our HDM participants and reports concerns to HDM Assistant Manager.*
- Delivers commodities as scheduled.
- Checks meal temperatures and records details into temperature sheets.
- Assists Assistant Transportation Manager with revisions of routes to guarantee efficiency.*
- Maintains necessary records/documents
- Submits all required paperwork and reports to the Assistant Transportation Manager.*
- Ability to navigate and read maps.
- Additional duties as assigned.*
Education: Requires knowledge that would normally be acquired through a High School Education or equivalent and between six months and one year of progressively more responsible or expansive experience is required.
Required: Must be able to pass a drug screen, criminal history, DHS screen, and national sex offender registry check.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain satisfactory working relationships with the public, managers and staff.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain consistent and regular attendance and punctuality based on designated schedule. Substitute drivers will be contacted on an as-needed basis.
Certification or Licensure:
A valid Michigan driver’s license is required and a driving record in compliance with Community Action’s insurance carrier requirements. We require that all staff and volunteer Home Delivered Meals drivers provide proof of insurance and maintain insurance coverage while driving for our organization.