- April 19, 2018
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors will hold an open meeting in the Depot Board Room (175 Main St. Battle Creek MI 49014) Please Contact Alysia at (269) 441-1399 if you require special accommodations.
Community Action Executive Committee Meeting
April 19, 2018
Depot Board Room, 175 Main Street, Battle Creek, MI
Executive Committee members present: Randall Hazelbaker & Anne Flynn, Steve Frisbie, Val Whitney, Lisa Walker
Others Present: Michelle Williamson, Charles Asher and Alysia Talamantez
Chair Steve Firsbie called the Executive Committee Meeting to order at 3:59pm in the Depot Board Room.
Hazelbaker made the motion to approve the April 19, 2018 Executive Committee meeting consent agenda. Walker supported. Motion carried.
Public Comment: No public was present.
Upcoming Governance Reports: The Executive Committee Reviewed BMD 5, EL-1 and EL-5.This was discussed by the Executive Committee. Whitney motioned to approve the Governance reports as reviewed. Flynn supported. Motion carried.
Capital Budget report: Williamson presented the capital budget report update. This was discussed by the Executive Committee and will be added to the board agenda for approval.
VOIP: Williamson provided an update on the VOIP system. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support and will be added to the board agenda for approval.
Head Start Data: Williamson provided information on the Head Start date. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Salary Scales: Williamson presented the update on salary scales to the Executive Committee. This was discussed by the Executive Committee and will be added to the board agenda for approval.
Strategic Plan updates: Williamson presented the strategic plan update. This was discussed by the Executive Committee and will be added to the board agenda for approval of a two year extension.
Board Agenda: Williamson presented the board agenda to the Executive Committee. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Updates from CEO:
- Update of civil rights claim
- Update on client incident in Transportation
- Grant was submitted for the partnership with KCC that would recruit new people in to the Early Childhood field. There have been discussions with BC Pulse, WKKF and the ISD surrounding this work.
- Federal Lobbyist is working to introduce a bill for Community Action to apply for a grant to help support individuals that fall into Opioid Crisis. We are looking into how we might be able to help if we were to receive the grant. (Transportation, housing, utility assistance, child care)
- We have any architect reviewing the Ponderosa space in Hastings. The next step will be drawing plan to give us an overall price. We are working on setting HS money aside to potentially do renovations. We will check with local realtor on next steps.
Chair Frisbie adjourned the meeting at 4:59PM.
Recording Secretary for Randall Hazelbaker, Board Secretary