- March 22, 2018
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors will hold an open meeting in the Depot Board Room (175 Main St. Battle Creek MI 49014) Please Contact Alysia at (269) 441-1399 if you require special accommodations.
Community Action Executive Committee Meeting
March 22, 2018
Depot Board Room, 175 Main Street, Battle Creek, MI
Executive Committee members present: Randall Hazelbaker & Anne Flynn
Present by Phone: Lisa Walker, Steve Frisbie
Others Present: Michelle Williamson, Charles Asher and Alysia Talamantez
Secretary Randall Hazelbaker called the Executive Committee Meeting to order at 4:09pm in the Depot Board Room.
Flynn made the motion to approve the March 22, 2018 Executive Committee meeting consent agenda. Walker supported. Motion carried.
Public Comment: No public was present.
Upcoming Governance Reports: The Executive Committee Reviewed BMD 1-4 and EL 8.This was discussed by the Executive Committee.
Hastings Space: Williamson provided information on the Hastings lease and potential new location. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Update on Civil Rights Claim: Williamson provided an update on the Civil Rights Claim. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Delton space: Williamson provided information on the Delton space and is in the process of looking in to a new location. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Walk for Warmth: Williamson shared current updates on the upcoming Walk for Warmth with the Executive Committee. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Board Survey: Williamson presented the overall results of the board survey. We determined to offer the summer training for a few board members and to provide a meal with a couple of board trainings. This was discussed by the Executive Committee with full support.
Updates from CEO:
- We received the MOU from Honeywell as well as their requirements for bid for our heating and cooling system.
- May 3rd is the Senior Millage presentation on programs and increases. Already presented at SMAC.
- Alysia is working on County programs for presentations once those are completed Michelle will be presenting updated information at all of the County Commissions.
- Finance report narrative for HS/EHS shows 8 monthly cycles, we are struggling to spend the grant and not sure if we will spend all of it.
- Currently working on a partnership with KCC that would recruit new people in to the Early Childhood field. There have been discussions with BC Pulse, WKKF and the ISD surrounding this work.
- We had our 1st GED Completion today. This student will get to walk with BCPS for graduation.
- The GED taskforce is working on getting the Hi- Set test approved. This is not as difficult as the GED test.
- We are working on a Spanish session of the GED program. This is slated to be on Saturdays starting March 24th.
- We started our new Employee evaluation system and will be testing on Managers and receiving feedback.
- Our Audit starts next week. They may be contacting board members.
- There was a client incident in Transportation that is under investigation.
Secretary Hazelbaker adjourned the meeting at 4:37PM.
Recording Secretary for Randall Hazelbaker, Board Secretary