Board of Directors Meeting
- May 21, 2018
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- The Board of Directors will hold an open meeting at 4:00 PM in the Depot Board Room. 175 Main St. Battle Creek MI 49014 Please Contact Alysia at (269) 441-1399 if you require special accommodations.
Community Action Board of Directors Board Meeting
Depot Board Room, 175 Main Street Battle Creek MI
May 21, 2018
Board members present: Steve Frisbie, Valerie Whitney, Lisa Walker, Heather Wing, Kathy Pangle, Tim Reese, Elizabeth Garcia, Ann Flynn, Matie James, Rick Shaffer
Staff and Others Present: Michelle Williamson, Alysia Talamantez, Chuck Asher and Teri Maisner
Absent: Jim Dyer, Randall Hazlebaker
Chair Steve Frisbie called the regular Board Meeting to order at 4:02 PM in the Depot Board Room. A quorum was present.
Consent Agenda-Shaffer motioned to approve the consent agenda. Wing supported. The motion carried.
Public Comment: None.
Board Education –Nathan Baldermann our Auditor presented the Audit (Or Std. 8.2, 8.3, 8.4) to the board. There was discussion from the board. Pangle motioned to approve the Audit as presented. Reese supported. The motion carried.
A. Ends I: Williamson presented Ends I report to the board. There was discussion from the board. Pangle motioned to approve Ends I as presented. Whitney supported. The motion carried.
B. Executive Limitations
i. EL 7 –Asset Protection– Williamson presented EL-7 report to the board. There was discussion from the board. Shaffer motioned to approve EL-7 as presented. Reese supported. The motion carried.
A. Approval of Policy Council Bylaws: Williamson presented the Policy Council Bylaws to the board. This was discussed by the board. Reese motioned to approve the Policy Council Bylaws change as presented. Pangle supported. The motion carried.
B. Approval of Head Start COLA Grant: Williamson presented the Head Start COLA Grant to the board. This was discussed by the board. Shaffer motioned to approve the Head Start COLA Grant as presented. Whitney supported. The motion carried.
CEO Verbal Report- Presented by Williamson
• Williamson went through the slideshow that was prepared for the board and provided updates on this past month.
• Williamson went over the Battle Creek Early Childhood Challenges flow chart, with a brief update on the WKKF grant. Grant was submitted to WKKF for the partnership with KCC that would recruit new people in to the Early Childhood field. This will be an 18 month planning grant.
• Update on Walk for Warmth totals with Consumers match.
• Update on restructuring ECS to help with manage the work load on the ECS Director and CEO.
• Introduced new congregate voucher program for restaurant dining options in Branch.
• Update on re-competition grant. Still haven’t received a date for this.
• We are working with Voces on how to better restructure our intake process for the clients who do not speak English. This should happen sometime in the summer.
• Update of Millage dollars. We plan to have money for minor home repairs and utility assistance available this summer.
• Board dinner update for June. This will take place in the Depot after the board meeting.
Frisbie adjourned the meeting at 5:20PM.
Next Board Meeting date: June 25, 2018 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at the Community Action Depot Board Room, 175 Main Street, Battle Creek, MI.
Recording Secretary for Randall Hazelbaker, Board Secretary