Enter a search term, such as youth or senior
There are 16 results.
- Head Start
- A quality educational and social experience for children of low- to moderate- income families ages birth to 5 years, and expectant mothers.
- Early Head Start
- Early Head Start provides full year/full day childcare for employed low-income families with children from birth to three years of age, and offers services to expectant mothers.
- Foster Grandparent Program
- The Foster Grandparent Program provides an opportunity for low-income senior citizens to love, nurture, and educate at-risk and special needs children in school or childcare environments.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Community Action's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a free program for low- to moderate-income working families to make them aware of Federal and Michigan tax credits, and to assist them in receiving their credits and refunds without fees or interest.
- Home Weatherization
- Community Action’s Home Weatherization program provides weatherization services to save energy and lower utility bills for those meeting the low-income guidelines below.
- Walk for Warmth
- Walk for Warmth is the Agency’s annual fundraiser for household utility relief such as, deliverable fuel, metered gas or electric.
- Minor Home Repair
- Provides minor home repair for low-income homeowners living in Calhoun County.
- HOME Rehabilitation Program
- Provides major home repairs to houses within the City of Battle Creek, with repair cost limits up to $45,000.
- Emergency Services
- Assists low-income families and individuals with eviction prevention and utility assistance.
- Vans with and without lifts are available to transport seniors over age 60 and disabled persons 18 years of age and over to medical appointments, employment sites, congregate meal centers, grocery shopping, and other necessary trips.
- Congregate Meals
- The Congregate Meal Program provides seniors 60 years of age and older with hot, nutritious meals during the week at Dining Centers located throughout Calhoun and Branch counties. These Centers give seniors the opportunity to socialize with existing friends or make new ones. Some congregate dining centers have extended hours and additional activities.
- Home Delivered Meals
- The Home Delivered Meals program provides homebound seniors (ones who are unable to cook and shop for themselves) with hot, nutritious meals Monday through Friday.